Scrum Master (Cape Town-based)
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to join our team!
In 2018, Aviro launched Ithaka, a multichannel (web, WhatsApp chatbot, and offline app) digital counsellor that supports patients navigating health and linkage to care. We are currently primarily supporting HIV self-testing but are expanding to other use cases this year. In the previous 2 years we have (1) built the tool and successfully piloted it in studies with Johns Hopkins, Wits University and others; (2) signed high-profile health providers who are scaling the tool this year (20k+ users to date); and (3) secured funding to support our scaling strategy. We are making a big push this year to refine and improve the platform for international scaling. We have a strong team in place from client management, engineering, business and health perspective, data science, but we require a full-time scrum master with strong experience to get the team working as squads teams. The Scrum Master’s responsibilities include managing team ceremonies and processes, assisting the team in achieving their commitments by building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised, with an emphasis on problem-solving.
What we are looking for:
The Scrum Master is a servant leader and coach for an Agile Scrum team, assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable. Our Scrum Master guides the team to self-organization.
The Scrum Master removes impediments, helps manage risk, and drive relentless improvement. They facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution as well as assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
Our Scrum Master will support teams that cover consumer-facing software development.
You will be expected to:
- Lead the scrum team in using Agile methodology and scrum practices
- Helping the product owner and development team to achieve customer satisfaction
- Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization
- Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing impediments
- Help the scrum and development teams to identify and fill in blanks in the Agile framework
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur
- Help the scrum team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity
- Support the product owner and provide education where needed
Requirements for a Scrum Master (You actually need to have done this before):
- Prior experience on a scrum team
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict
- Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum
- Ability to determine what is scrum and what is not
- Experience with successful Agile techniques
- Ability to work with and lead a team
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
Minimum Qualifications (These are the requirements that all applicants MUST HAVE to be considered for this position):
- First level Scrum Master Certification (PSM I, CSM) or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 3 years of experience in a software development team as a Scrum Master, IT-Project Manager or Business Analyst.
- Skilled in the use of slack, Clickup/Jira/Trello, Github or any software that the business selects to use. Preference would prefer a skilled Scrum Master in Click Up.
- Experience in Agile Management Tools and Processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and able to manage/lead groups of people and tasks simultaneously.
- Past experience working with Agile based SDLC projects.
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self study, etc.
- Second level Scrum Master Certification (PSM II, CSP).
Aviro Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, in any of our activities or operations.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a cover letter with the Subject: Scrum Master
(please be REAL in your letter and tell us about you) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 May 2021.