Project Coordinator (KwaZulu-Natal)
In 2018, Aviro launched Ithaka, a multichannel (web, WhatsApp and app) point-of-care diagnostics support and linkage to care platform that improves infectious disease outcomes for both patients and providers. We are initially supporting HIV self-testing but with a view to expand to other use cases. In the previous year we have (1) built a basic version of the tool and tested it in studies with Johns Hopkins, Wits University and others; (2) signed high-profile health providers who are piloting the tool this year; and (3) refined our business plan and proposition to have a strong income and scaling strategy. We are scaling our platform and as such we are hiring for the role of project coordinator bases in Kwazulu-Natal to join our growing team.
The Project Coordinator will be employed on a 3-month contract to manage a KwaZulu-Natal based project. The candidate we seek must be self eager to learn, tech savvy and desire to work in health and health innovation. He/She must be willing to help supervise the rollout of hardware and software at public health care clinics across the province, travel extensively and work independently.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for managing, monitoring and supporting: the rollout of software and hardware at public health care clinics, troubleshooting and supporting software, onboarding and training clinic counsellors, district / local communication channels and, clinic checklists. Specifically, the PC will conduct clinic site visits as needed and will provide weekly and monthly report information.
Key Focus Areas and Responsibilities:
- Liaise directly with Aviro client and support programme within KwaZulu-Natal
- Proactively communicate and update line manager on progress, issues and potential risks
- Provide excellent communication and customer service support to Aviro client
- With guidance from the implementation and product teams, observe and interact with stakeholders to derive insights that can improve services/product
- Plan weekly schedules and manages travel according to set targets and support plan
- Weekly reporting of programme progress and issue tracking
- Lead process of issue identification, troubleshooting and reporting
- Adhere to project budgets that have been set by or in conjunction with the line manager to ensure project financial viability
- Lead communication for sub-projects between client and Aviro
- Foster partnership with customers and stakeholders in conducting duties
- Be disciplined, organised and detail-oriented in all administration
- Able to communicate proficiently in isiZulu
- Possess a driver’s license and own transport
- Computer Literate / IT Certification
- Mobile and software application and technology savvy
- Able to use Microsoft Office and work with Google (suite) Workspace
- Matric Exemption with >50% Maths and English
- Experience with project management preferred
- Familiar with agile methodologies and project management terminology and project management certification would be an advantage
- Working at Public Health Care facilities and health NGOs would also be an advantage
- The position starts as soon as possible or 1 June 2021
- The position requires extensive travel and a travel allowance will be provided
- Preference will be given to applicants residing in KwaZulu-Natal
- Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit certified copies of qualifications
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates
- All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to reference and credential checks
- If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Aviro Health reserves the right not to fill the position
Please send your CV and a cover letter (please be REAL in your letter and tell us about you) with the subject: Project Coordinator to email@example.com.
Aviro Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our activities or operations.