We’re looking for a Data Architect/ Data Scientist
Aviro is an inclusive team of mobile health experts with diverse and extensive expertise in mobile health solutions. We complement empirical observation with the qualities of empathy, narrative, and meaning to create significance and change in the world of healthcare.
In 2018, Aviro launched Ithaka, a multichannel (web, WhatsApp chatbot, and offline app) digital counsellor that supports patients navigating health and linkage to care. We are currently primarily supporting HIV self-testing but are expanding to other use cases this year. In the previous 2 years we have (1) built the tool and successfully piloted it in studies with Johns Hopkins, Wits University, and others; (2) signed high-profile health providers who are scaling the tool this year (20k+ users to date); and (3) secured funding to support our scaling strategy. We are making a big push this year to refine and improve the platform for international scaling. We have a strong team in place from the client management, engineering, business, and health perspectives, but we require someone with strong experience in data management and analysis to help us take Ithaka forward by refining/designing, implementing, and managing a data and structure for Ithaka that can (1) track and prove impact and (2) help to guide improvements to the tool and process.
What we are looking for:
- An enthusiastic, careful, and curious person with a strong background in managing data throughout the cycle from collection, cleaning, storage, surfacing, and analysis, especially in a health context.
- Advanced working knowledge of and experience creating and working with data architectures.
- Experience querying relational databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
- Proven people management skills and experience with coordinating across multiple specialisations.
- A strong level of self-awareness around own strengths and weaknesses and how to complement these with specialists in related fields (such as public health M&E, data engineering, etc).
- 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets with advanced education in Statistics, Epidemiology, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- The ideal candidate will also have extensive experience in digital health; be located in South Africa or Kenya; and/or will have experience with ML techniques and predictive analytics.
Aviro Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in any of our activities or operations.
Please send your CV and a cover letter (please be REAL in your letter and tell us about you) to firstname.lastname@example.org.