Aviro is looking for a Software Engineer
Background In 2018, Aviro launched Ithaka, a multichannel (web, WhatsApp, and app) point-of-care diagnostics support and linkage to care platform that improves infectious disease outcomes for both patients and providers. We are initially supporting HIV self-testing but with a view to expand to other use cases. In the previous year we have (1) built a basic version of the tool and tested it in studies with Johns Hopkins, Wits University and others; (2) signed high-profile health providers who are piloting the tool this year; and (3) refined our business plan and proposition to have a strong income and scaling strategy. We are scaling our platform and as such we are hiring for the role of a software engineer, based in Cape Town or Nairobi, to join our growing engineering team. The software engineer will contribute to the design, development and deployment support of our solution as well as research on new fit for future technologies while actively implementing viable solutions.
What we are looking for:
● An experienced and versatile engineer with a minimum of 4 years experience developing on JS frameworks – Vue or Typescript.
● Demonstrate strong design and programming skills using and developing RESTful APIs using JSON , Web Services, XML, XSLT in UNIX and Windows environments
● Strong problem solver with good logical diagnostic skills and ability to exercise good judgment
● Advanced Experience with cloud platforms e.g GCP or AWS.
● Strong experience in relational databases such as BigQuery, PostgreSQL, MySQL.
● Experience with Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning for messaging automation a strong plus.
● Customer service orientation that establishes a good working relationship with customers, with the attitude of wanting to assist people and pass on their knowledge and experience to others.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a cover letter with the Subject: Software engineer (please be REAL in your letter and tell us about you) to email@example.com by the 26th of July 2020